Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Speed Work

Monday, May 22nd

I don't run fast. I used to be fast - in elementary school I was always in the fastest group for track and field, and could break 2:00 in the 600 yd run. That was 20 years ago. Now, I'm slow. To remedy the situation, I'm trying some speed work. OK - it should probably be called "trying to jog faster than normal" work - I don't think speed is the appropriate term. Anyways, I think it's important, see this article by Buzz Burrell - one of the all time trail running legends.

I warmed up for 10 minutes, and then did quarter-mile repeats with 2 minute rests at the following speeds (mins/mile)

8:30, 8:00, 7:30, 8:00, 8:30, 8:45

As I said, I'm not fast. At this point, my right shin started to hurt - it's kind of a nagging injury. Anyways, it felt good to run faster, even if it was only for ~ 1.5 miles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home