Monday, June 26, 2006

Bear Peak + South Boulder Peak

One of my favorites runs so far has been Green Mountain - I've written about it twice - here and here. This week, I'll hopefully get to do a similar run for the first time - the South Boulder Peak + Bear Peak double from the south mesa trailhead. The plan is to jog up the Towhee trail, continue up Shadow Canyon to South Boulder Peak, over to Bear Peak, down Fern Canyon to the Mesa trail, then take the Bluestem trail back to the south mesa trailhead. Here are details of the two runs:

GM: 8.2 miles, 2487 ft. elevation gain. 16.8% up (2.8 miles), 8.7% down (5.4 miles)
SBP+BP: 7.9 miles, 3230ft. elevation gain. 17.5% up (3.5 miles), 13.9% down (4.4 miles)

I'm guessing South Boulder Peak + Bear Peak will be the harder of the two. A little shorter, but 750ft more elevation, and more technical downhill. Hopefully, I'm faster than I was 6 weeks ago. My goal is 2:15.

The downill portion of Imogene pass averages 11.5% (7.05 miles, 4300 ft.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home