Thursday, August 10, 2006

Back at it

Tuesday, August 8th

Back at it...20 mins of running @ 10:54min/mile. This felt pretty awkward - but I didn't experience any pain or discomfort - just awkward. Followed it up with a mile at 15% (17 min/mile pace). Steep power-hiking is starting to feel better - I'm not getting that tightness in my upper back, and my calves aren't stiffening up. Ended with with 1/2 mile of running, up to 10:00min/mile pace. This stretch of running felt much more comfortable than the first 20 minutes.

Wednesday, August 9th

I wanted to get back on my feet again for a little bit. I did a mile @ 10:00min/mile pace, and then some more power hiking @12% (max grade for the treadmill at work). I alternated between 15:00min/mile pace and 17:00min/mile pace. I also did some strenght training based on some excersises from the Wharton program.