Saturday, July 08, 2006

Rain, Rain Go Away

Saturday, July 8th

Drove up to Georgetown this morning and headed up Mt. Edwards via the East Slopes route from the Leavenworth Creek Trailhead. Of course, it started raining right as I pulled into Georgetown, and didn't stop all morning. Hmmm, Molly and I aren't having a bbq tonight - why the rain?

I decided to start up the road to Waldorf Mine in the rain. The road climbs steeply (~10%) for the first mile, then joins an old railroad grade (that used to run from Silver Plume) all the way to Waldorf Mine. After 45 minutes I was pretty soaked, so I turned around, and jogged back down. Did about 6 miles, 1 hour 15minutes.

Update: We got 1.7 inches of rain over the weekend - that brings the total for the year to 3.79 inches!! The yearly total almost doubled in one weekend - crazy! We also got enough rain that it apparently seeped into our basement right beneath the stairs - no other place though.